A healthy and yummy air fryer flautas or taquitos can be made in 20 minutes with an air fryer. You just need a tortilla, some shredded cooked chicken, cheese, spices and veggies!
Flautas can also be topped with guacamole, Queso, or hot sauce. These air fryer flautas are full of flavor and texture, and your friends and family will love them!
Let’s jump toward the step-by-step guide for air fryer flautas.
What’s special about this recipe?
Air fryer flautas are not just easy to make but are delicious to eat. All you need is a few ingredients and an air fryer.
They are also quick to make and only require 20 mins of your precious time.
Similar Air Fryer Recipes
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- ½ cup of cheese (Mozzarella or Mexican)
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- Avocado oil spray
- 8” flour tortilla
- ¼ tsp pink salt (Or as per your taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper (Or as per your taste)
- 1 green chili (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- Chopped boiled capsicum (optional)
Step-1: The Prep
Take a large bowl and add chicken to it. Add tomato sauce and shredded cheese to it. Finally, add chopped green chilis and salt and pepper. Now mix well until all ingredients are well mixed and set aside.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 4 mins.
Take flour tortillas and warm them up in a nonstick pan for 1 min. After that, add 2 tbsp. of chicken mixture on tortillas. You can also add 3 tbsp. as well if you want a thick tortilla.
Spray the air Frye basket with avocado cooking oil and put the tortillas inside it.
Air Frye for 8-9 mins until the tortillas are golden brown from the outside. Keep checking them every 3 mins and rotate them for more evenly cooking.
Here in this recipe, I have used avocado oil because of its high smoke point. You can also use any other oil for the spraying basket, but make sure that the oil has a good smoke point.
Don’t place the flautas or taquitos too close to each other; make sure they have a little space between them.
The cooking time may vary depending on the model, size, and brand of air fryer you use; that’s why I recommend once you start cooking flautas, keep checking their condition every 3 mins to make sure they don’t get overcooked.
Recommended Air Fryer
Many air fryer brands claim they are the best, but when it comes to actual performance, only a few deliver up to your expectations. That’s why I recommend either Cosori max XL air fryer or the instant vortex air fryer due to their good cooking capacity and high-end performance.
Can you freeze taquitos or flautas?
Yes, you can. You can decide whether you want to freeze them un-cooked or cooked. Both ways, you can store them. But uncooked flautas will last longer than cooked ones.
For un-cooked flautas, simply fill the flautas roll with chicken mixture and coat it with a baking sheet, and put it in your freezer in an airtight container. They will easily last for one month.
If you have leftovers, you can also store them in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Sauces to try
You can try a variety of sauces with it. I like to use ketchup, garlic paste and plain yogurt with them. You can try cilantro dip, nacho cheese dip, jalapeno ranch dip and the list goes on.
Recipe: Air Fryer Flautas
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Cup Cooked chicken
- ½ Cup Mexican cheese
- 1 tbsp Cream cheese
- Flour tortilla
- ¼ tsp Pink salt (Or as per your taste)
- ½ tsp Black pepper (Or as per your taste)
- 1 Green chili (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- Take a large bowl and add chicken in it. Add tomato sauce and shredded cheese in it. Finally add chopped green chilis and salt and pepper.
- Now mix well until all ingredients are well mixed and set aside.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 4 mins.
- Take flour tortillas and warm them up in a non stick pan for 1 min. After that add 2 tbsp. of chicken mixture on tortillas. You can also add 3 tbsp. as well if you want a thick tortilla.
- Spray the air Frye basket with avocado cooking oil and put the tortillas inside it.
- Air Frye for 8-9 mins until the tortillas are golden brown from outside. Keep checking them after every 3 mins and rotate them for more evenly cooking.
Hi, my name is Basit Ali. I’m a cooking enthusiast who loves trying out new recipes in the kitchen! I also like to upgrading my kitchen accessories from time-to-time with all sorts of interesting gadgets for making food prep easier and more convenient than ever before.