Are you looking for a quick and healthy breakfast option? Then give a try to air fryer shredded hash brown breakfast casserole. It’s quick to prepare and a good option for a healthy breakfast.
In this recipe, I’ll teach you how to prepare it in an air fryer rather than the oven without sacrificing taste or quality. It is a delightful and satisfying dish made with a combination of shredded hash browns, eggs, bacon, cheese, pepperoni, and bell peppers, all cooked together in an air fryer.
An oven-made shredded brown casserole can be offered to a complete big family because the oven can accommodate enormous casserole plates. While an air fryer still has a wonderful, sufficient room to cook for 2-4 people.
How To Cook Air Fryer Shredded Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
The air fryer cooks food more quickly than conventional ovens, so the breakfast casserole will be ready to enjoy in a shorter amount of time, making it an excellent choice for busy mornings or brunch gatherings.
Preparing the Shredded Hash Brown Casserole is relatively simple, as it involves layering the ingredients in an air fryer-safe dish or baking pan and then cooking the casserole in the air fryer.
1 cup (200 g) shredded hash browns
4 slices bacon cuts (Preferably into bite-sized pieces)
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons (30 ml) milk
1/4 cup (30 g) shredded cheese
1 small bell pepper (Red, Green)
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
Step-1: Take a baking pan according to your air fryer size. Spray the pan with cooking oil. Spread hash browns at the bottom of the pan and place bacon pieces above has browns evenly.
Step-2: Spray again with cooking oil and turn the air fryer on. Cook for 8 minutes at 380 F.
Step-3: Take a medium bowl and whisk the eggs. Add milk and cheese and mix all ingredients well. Pour this mixture over hash brown and bacon already in the pan.
Step-4: Now cook again at a slightly lower temperature for another 11-13 minutes at 330 F.
And that’s it, your air fryer shredded hash brown breakfast casserole is ready. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
1- The size of the pawn will depend on your air fryer basket size. A good size air fryer can accommodate an 8” baking pan easily.
2- You can also line the pan with aluminum foil. But I haven’t used any foil for this recipe. It turns nice and fluffy even without the use of aluminum foil.
3- You can also precook hash browns and bacon in a pan and then cook the casserole in a single go in the air fryer. Just line all ingredients one by one and you are good to go.
You can try a variety of various options with brown casserole. Some of my favorites are:
- Meat lovers: Add cooked bacon, minced beef, or crumbled sausage to the casserole for a protein-packed twist.
- Veggie delight: Mix in a variety of chopped vegetables like bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, or tomatoes for added nutrition and flavor.
- Cheese assortment: For cheese lovers, experiment with different cheeses such as cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or Swiss for a unique taste in each bite.
Classic: Use a simple blend of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder for a traditional flavor profile.
Italian: Season with dried basil, oregano, thyme, and crushed red pepper flakes for a Mediterranean touch.
Mexican: You can try Mexican flair as well. Opt for a mix of chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and a touch of cayenne pepper.
BBQ: If you are just like me and love to have a smoky, savory flavor, add a barbecue seasoning blend, which often contains brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, and cumin.
You can create a custom seasoning according to your taste so feel free to experiment with a new variant.
Storage & Reheating
The leftover casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for 3-4 days.
You can reheat it in an air fryer or you can microwave it as well.
Microwave: Put the leftover casserole in the microwave oven and just reheat it for 1-2 minutes.
Air Fryer: Cook it for 3 minutes at 360 F.
- 1 cup (200g) shredded hash browns
- 4 slices bacon cuts (Preferably into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (30 g) shredded cheese
- 1 small bell pepper (Red, Green)
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- oil spray
- Take a baking pan according to your air fryer size. Spray the pan with cooking oil.
- Spread hash browns at the bottom of the pan and place bacon pieces above has browns evenly.
- Spray again with cooking oil and turn the air fryer on. Cook for 8 minutes at 380 F.
- Take a medium bowl and whisk the eggs. Add milk and cheese and mix all ingredients well. Pour this mixture over hash brown and bacon already in the pan.
- Now cook at a slightly lower temperature for another 11-13 minutes at 330 F.