What comes to mind when you hear the word pizza bagels?
Right? Lol. I know. I am equally in love with the cheese as you are. So all the cheese lovers over there, I’m sure just like me pizza bagels are your absolute favorite too.
But what’s the effective way of cooking bagel pizza bites?
Don’t know? Don’t worry!
Undoubtedly, cooking bagel bites in the air fryer is the ultimate easiest, quickest, and most effective way. Being a bagel enthusiast, I have tried many different ways of cooking bagel bites and concluded that pizza bites made in an air fryer are the best of all.
They are easy to air fry, require less time, and turn out to be cooked perfectly through the air frying method. And I have listed all the details that you need to air fry your bagel bites like an expert chef. Let’s start now:
Air fryer method for cooking frozen pizza bagels
Here is what all you need to air-fry bagel bites:
- Frozen bagel bites
- Cooking spray (optional)
Any good quality air fryer. My favorite ones are below:
- Gowise air fryer (OR)
- Cosori max xl air fryer
Instructions to Air fry Frozen Pizza Bagel Bites
Preheating the air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to around 400°F for 1-2 minutes.
Spraying oil in the fryer’s basket: Take out the fryer’s basket and brush a little bit of cooking oil in the basket.
Spread the bagel bites in the fryer’s basket: Place the bites evenly in the basket. To ensure even cooking, leave enough space between the bagel bites.
Air frying of the bagel bites: Set the fryer’s temperature at 400°F for 5 minutes. This time and temperature are enough for the bagels to get cooked well.
Take out the basket after 5 minutes and your delicious pizza bagels are good to go!
Important tips to consider while air frying bagel bites
- After air frying for 5 minutes, if the cheese doesn’t melt, air fry again for 1-2 minutes.
- In case you don’t have spray oil, brush a little bit of olive oil in the fryer’s basket. It ensures the base of the bagel bites will also get cooked well.
- Remove the bagel bites carefully from the fryer’s basket as they are hot. It’s better to use a pair of tongs for removing the pizza bagels from the air fryer basket.
Homemade bagel bites recipe
Okay, preparing pizza bites at home is easier than you think. Just follow the instructions given below and I’m sure you are going to be amazed by your own cooking skills.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Method: Air Frying
Required Ingredients :
4 Mini Bagels
And per bagel you need the following ingredients:
- 1-2 teaspoons of Marinara Sauce or tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 teaspoon of cheddar cheese
- 4 – 6 Mini Pepperonis
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning (optional)
Instructions to make homemade bagel bites
- On a flat surface, slice each bagel in half.
- Spread marinara sauce and add shredded cheese to each bagel.
- Place the mini pepperonis on top, along with Italian seasoning.
And your homemade bagel bites are ready to be air fried. Follow the below steps to air-fry pizza bagels:
- Oil spray the air fryer, place homemade bagel bites in it, and set the temperature at 400°F for around 4-5 minutes.
- Take out the bagel bites from the fryer’s basket, add them to your serving plate, add a little bit of fresh basil and that’s it!
Your mouth-watering pizza bagels are ready to be enjoyed! Yay!
Note: If you are making bagel bites for your kids, you can add boiled veggies to them. That’s how you can make nutritional bagel bites for your kids as they won’t eat the vegetables separately. Smart move, Right?
- Air Fryer
- 4-6 Pieces Frozen Bagel Bites
- 2 tbsp Marine Sauce / Ketchup Sauce
- 3 tbsp Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp Cheddar cheese
- 4-6 Pieces Mini Pepperonis
- 1/2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Choose your favorite frozen bagel bites pack.
- Preheat your air fryer to around 400°F for 1-2 minutes.
- Brush a little bit of cooking oil in the air fryer basket.
- Place the bites evenly in the basket ensuring some space between them.
- Set the fryer’s temperature at 400°F for 5 minute.
- Your air fried bagel bites are ready to be served
FAQs About Air Frying Bagel Bites
What makes Bagel Bites so good?
The pizza-inspired toppings are the answer. The cheddar cheese, the mozzarella cheese, and the marinara-sauce base are just divine. What else can anyone wish for?
What are the different flavors of bagel bites that you can try?
Some famous and most delicious flavors of pizza bites are Mozzarella Cheese, Cheese & Pepperoni, Extreme Nacho, Cheese, Sausage & Pepperoni, and Cheese Garlic.
They are all equally delicious.
How to cook frozen bagel bites?
For cooking frozen bagel pizzas in the air fryer follow the below instructions:
Preheat the air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 400°F, place frozen bagel bites in the fryer’s basket, and again set the temperature at 400°F. After three to four minutes, remove the air fryer basket and serve the cheesy bagel bites warm. It’s that simple!
How long does an air fryer take to cook bagel bites?
Air frying time of 4-5 minutes in a preheated air fryer is more than enough for your pizza bagels to get perfectly cooked.
In case if still the cheese is not fully melted, you can air fry it again for 1-2 minutes.
I personally set a 4-5 minute timer for air frying my pizza bagels and they always get nicely cooked in this time. It depends on your air fryer, the bagel bites brand, and cheese too. So you can adjust the time accordingly.
What temperature should an air fryer bagel be?
400°F is the perfect temperature for your bagel bites to get cooked well.
This temperature is for the time limit of 4-5 minutes and for cooking mini pizza bagels.
What to serve with bagel bites?
You can serve butter, cream cheese, cooked bacon, egg salad, smoked salmon, sliced cucumber, scallions, or capers with bagel bites.
Also, you can have them with air-fried potato wedges. This combination is both healthy and tasty and my personal favorite.
In an air fryer, you can make how many bagel bites?
Well, it depends on your air fryer’s basket capacity. If you are using a large family-sized air fryer then I recommend air frying 7-8 pizza bytes in a single go. Similarly, if the fryer’s size is medium,4-5 bagel bytes are enough to be placed for air frying at one time.
No matter how many bagel bites you put in the air fryer, just make sure, there is some space in between them so that they can be air-fried well.
For homemade bagel bites, what toppings can I use?
You can use a generous amount of cheese, and a small handful of diced pepperoni for additional toppings along with your favorite veggies. Capsicum, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms work well in this regard.
You can also sprinkle a little bit of black pepper and fennel seeds on each bagel bite. Be a little creative here and add whatever toppings you like.
What is the most amazing way to cook bagel pizza bites?
Air frying is the ultimate supreme way to make bagel bites. It takes very less time and is easier too. You can easily have air-fried pizza bites for lunch or dinner if you are in a hurry as they are quicker to make and don’t require so much effort.
How do I store leftover bagel bites?
One method that works better for storing the leftover bagel bites is to freeze them. Keep in mind the following things while storing leftover bagel bites.
- Store leftover bagels pizzas in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- They can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
- Reheat them for 1-2 minutes in air fryer and they will be good to go again.
How many calories are there in pizza bagels?
In pizza bagels, there are 210 calories in a serving size of 4. Other nutritional values include:
2 g sugars,2.5 g fats,10 g of protein( per serving).
Note: The above nutritional values are all estimated values and may vary.
Air-fried pizza bagels are one of the super delicious yet healthy meal options you can prepare in significantly less time. The supremacy of easy cooking is aside from that.
So try them once and you will keep making them for the rest of your life, that’s a sure thing!
Happy Air Frying!