Are you looking for a quick and yummy air fryer chicken sausage recipe? Making chicken sausages in the air fryer is a great way to get a delicious and healthier meal. The air fryer just cooks them to perfection, and you can enjoy your favorite juicy chicken sausages in a few minutes only.
This recipe is a great option for a quick meal and gets ready within 10 minutes. I like to make these usually whenever I need something quickly. You can have them for lunch, breakfast, or dinner. These sausages pair perfectly with other dishes such as smashed potatoes, buns, green salad, and mustard.
What’s special about this recipe
Quick to prepare: If you are someone like me, I love to keep my cooking simple and quick. That’s why this recipe is my favorite as you can have your air-fried chicken sausages within 10 mins.
Works with any brand: You can try this recipe with various brands of chicken sausages. It works well for most. Or else just refer to the cooking instructions on the package for more precise cooking time and temperature.
Juicy and delicious: These air fried chicken sausages turn out juicy and make your day with their amazing taste.
What’s included in this post
How to cook Chicken sausage in the air fryer
Some pro tips for making your cooking experience more joyful
What you can serve with chicken sausages
What are some famous bands of chicken sausages
Storage and reheating guide
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Sausages
Chicken sausages can be cooked with minimalistic ingredients, takes less time, and tastes as good as delicious. And it’s tried and tested.
Pack of Italian style smoked chicken sausages (Good & Gather Brand)
Olive oil (Optional)
Start with preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C). This will create an internal hot temperature that will help the chicken sausages to crisp up from the outside and stay juicy inside.
Once the air fryer has been preheated, place 3-5 pre-cooked chicken sausages in your air fryer basket. The number of sausages you can put in the air fryer will depend on your air fryer size.
Set the timer to 8 mins and temperature at 375 F. Flip them or give them a shake after 4 mins.
The cooking time for different air fryers varies, so it’s better to check the progress of your sausages once they start cooking. I keep checking them constantly after 4 mins have passed. You can do the same for the first time, then you will get a clearer idea of how exactly it takes for chicken sausages to get ready.
Using Amylu Chicken Sausages For This Recipe
Try this recipe with Amylu chicken sausages. Amylu is a good brand because it raises chicken without antibiotics which makes its products healthier.
The process is the same; start with preheating your air fryer. Place thawed Amylu chicken sausages in the air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes at 350 F flipping halfway through.
Recipes you will love
- You can choose the chicken sausages of your choice. My preferred varieties are Italian, spicy, apple maple, or sun-dried tomato.
- Preheating is recommended for this recipe for better crispiness and more evenly cooked.
- For the best results, use chicken sausages that have been thawed before putting them in the air fryer.
- Make sure to check the internal temperature of sausages, it should be 165 F for safe consumption.
- The overall cooking time can vary slightly depending on your air fryer model and effectiveness.
- It’s better to leave a small space between sausages for better circulation of air. For bulk cooking, you can cook them in batches.
- This recipe involves air frying precooked sausages that’s why the time duration for cooking is from 8 mins. If you are cooking raw sausages, they will take double the time to be cooked.
What you can serve with chicken sausages
The options are many but it depends on your taste. You can serve plenty of dishes with chicken sausages such as frozen onion rings, sweet potato fries, green beans Amylu chicken meatballs.
You can also try a variety of dips and sauces to add more delight. My favorite dips are jalapeno dip, ranch dip, and Mexican cheese dip.
What are some famous bands of chicken sausages?
Some other popular brands are:
Dietz & Watson
Storage and reheating of chicken sausages
You can easily store and reheat chicken sausages without any problem.
Simply pack them in an airtight container and place them in the freezer, they can last easily for 3 days. They can even last longer, but I don’t prefer storing food for too long periods.
For reheating them, simply take them out of the freezer and put them in the preheated air fryer for 3-4 mins at 375 F.
Does Chicken Sausage Already Come Precooked?
Yes, most brands provide pre-cooked chicken sausages which reduces your time and effort for cooking. Some brands that I know are Trader Joe’s and Al Fresco. But it’s essential to check the packaging or read the product label for confirmation.
Can You Cook Chicken Sausage in Oven?
Yes, without any doubt. Preheat your oven to 400 F. Place sausages in overproof try and cook for 12-14 minutes flipping halfway through. And finally, the internal temperature of chicken sausages should be 165 F for safe consumption.
- Air Fryer
- Pack of Italian-style smoked chicken sausages (Good & Gather Brand)
- Olive oil (optional)
- A first, preheat your air fryer to 400 F for 3 mins.
- Once the air fryer has been preheated, place 4-6 chicken sausages in your air fryer basket. The number of sausages you can put in the air fryer will depend on your air fryer size.
- Set the timer to 8 mins and temperature at 375 F. Flip them or give them a shake after 4 mins.
- The cooking time for different air fryers varies, so it's better to check the progress of your sausages once they start cooking. I keep checking them constantly after 4 mins have passed. You can do the same for the first time; then you will get a clearer idea of how exactly it takes for chicken sausages to get ready.