How to air fry frozen chicken wings?
Chicken wings are super delicious to enjoy, especially if you air fry them.
Whenever I want some quick snack, I just air fry chicken wings, and every time they turn out cooked perfectly.
Air-frying gives you the best crispy wings without having to deal with the mess of deep-frying.
So in this post, I’ll share the right way of air-frying them with some pro tips as well to get perfectly cooked chicken wings.
So let’s get started now:
Air frying of Frozen Chicken Wings- All in one guide
What you need:
- Tyson chicken wings (or any brand you’d like)
- Cooking oil (preferably cooking spray)
And yep! That’s it, you are good to go!
Required Equipment for air frying
Any air fryer. My personal favorites are:
I have used them all and they all are Absolutely Amazing, I must say!
Instructions to Air fry chicken Wings
Below are easy-to-follow steps to air fry the chicken wings:
1. Preheating the Air fryer
First of all, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-2 minutes.
2. Oil spraying the basket
Take out the basket, and oil it with a little bit of olive oil or any other oil. You can also go for oil spray, it is even easier
3. Layering Frozen Wings
Place chicken wings in a single layer in the fryer’s basket, don’t overfill it instead keep space in between wings to ensure they’ll be cooked perfectly.
4. Air frying frozen chicken wings
Place the basket inside the fryer and Set the temperature at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, then take our fryer’s basket, flip the wings, and air fry for more than 10 minutes. (total time of 20 minutes).
And yep! Air frying is done, just remove the basket and take out super yummy chicken wings to serve!
Some pro tips to air fry frozen chicken wings
- Air frying time of 20 minutes is more than enough but in case you feel like they are not cooked well, air fry again for 2-3 minutes.
- Oiling the basket step should never be skipped as it gives crispness to the wings
- Use tongs so you can flip the wings halfway through the air frying time to ensure that all sides are evenly cooked.
- Never crowd the fryer’s basket, instead air fry in batches if you want to cook in larger quantities.
Sauces to try with Chicken wings
Garlic-butter sauce, Honey Buffalo Sauce, blue cheese dressing, and Sriracha sauce, all go well with frozen air-fried wings.
You can simply go for ketchup or chili sauce as well if you’d like.
Besides that, if you love experimenting (just like me), you can also prepare your own customized dipping sauce by adding your favorite ingredients.
I make myself a sauce for wings by mixing some Greek yogurt with a little bit of garlic sauce and black pepper. It tastes so good with chicken wings.
Side dishes to serve with Air fried frozen chicken wings
You can serve these side dishes with air-fried chicken wings:
- Air-fried potato wedges
- Caesar Salad
- Air fried Green beans
- Sweet potato fries
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Cheese Coleslaw
- Bacon Pasta Salad
Homemade recipe for air frying chicken wings
Preparing chicken wings at home is not a hard job, just a few ingredients and you can make yummy wings at home as well.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Air frying time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- I lb whole chicken wings
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper – half teaspoon
- Oil- 1 tablespoon required
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Any good quality Air Fryer
Instructions to prepare chicken wings at home
- Dry the wings with a paper towel
- Cut the wings into two pieces by keeping the wing part in one hand and the drumette part in the other hand and then cut it in the middle.
- Prepare seasoning by mixing all the dry ingredients,
- Place wings in a large bowl and put half a tablespoon of olive oil and give it a quick mix
- Add the seasoning and coat the wings by mixing and flipping the bowl.
And your homemade wings are ready to be air fried. For air frying follow the below steps:
- Put the wings in a preheated and oiled air fryer’s basket.
- Set the temp. of your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and air fry for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the basket and flip the wings by tossing the basket and air fry for 10 more minutes.
Take out the wings and that’s it, Voila!
Your super crispy, super healthy chicken wings are ready to be served!
Important tips to consider while making homemade chicken wings
- Make sure chicken wings are coated well, and use the large-sized bowl for mixing.
- Coat them well with olive oil so that the dry ingredients will be coated nicely.
- Use a spatula or spoon for mixing and keep tossing the bowl.
- Use tong pieces to change the sides of the wings in the air fryer.
- Never ever prepare chicken wings if they are wet because moisture will not let them cook crispier. Let them dry first before adding seasoning to them.
- You can use either a paper towel for drying or just let them air dry themselves, but the only point is they should not have any moisture in them.
Popular brands for frozen chicken wings
Some most common brands of frozen wings include
- Tyson Any’tizers Hot Wings
- Field Roast Buffalo Wings
- Foster Farms Crispy Wings
- Perdue Buffalo Style Glazed Jumbo Wings
Besides them, there are so many others as well. I have listed the ones which I personally like the most.
Nutrition Facts of Tyson Frozen Chicken Wings
Nutritional values of Tyson chicken wings are as follows:
- Cholesterol (80mg ) – 27%
- Total Fat (16 grams ) – 25%
- Saturated Fat (4.5 grams) – 23%
- unsaturated Fat 3.5grams
- Total Carbs (0 grams ) – 0%
- Sodium (200 mg ) – 8%
- Dietary Fiber (0 grams ) – 0%
- Total Sugars 0 grams.
The Wrap-Up on air-fried frozen chicken wings
Thanks to the air fryers, the wings get cooked in very less time, quickly, and Absolutely Perfect for last-minute cravings.
Try out the recipe listed above to air fry chicken wings and I bet you that
when you bite into those wings, you won’t realize they weren’t deep-fried and you won’t believe how crispy they are!
Happy Air Frying!
FAQs about air frying chicken wings
What is the best way to cook chicken wings?
Air frying is the best way to cook chicken wings. It is not only quick but is comparatively healthier than deep frying.
How many calories are there in Frozen Tyson chicken wings?
A serving size of 4 wings has around 220 calories in it.
Is it ok to store leftover air-fried chicken wings?
Yes, you can store them for up to 4-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to reheat Leftover air-fried Chicken wings?
To reheat leftover wings, air fry them for 3-4 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should I defrost chicken wings before air frying?
No, not really!
Just make sure to air fry wings in the preheated air fryer, no need to go for defrosting first.
Is It safe to air fry frozen chicken wings?
Yes, frozen wings can be air fried, there is no harm in it. Instead, air frying is a healthy way of cooking them.
What is the recommended cooking time & temperature for frozen chicken wings in the air fryer?
Cooking at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes is an ideal time for perfectly fried wings.
Can I air fryer Tyson's frozen chicken wings?
Yes, you can air-fry Tyson chicken wings. As a matter of fact, it will not only save you time but also the chicken wings will turn out crispier.
Are air-fried chicken wings healthy?
Yes, frozen chicken wings made with the air frying method are healthy as compared to deep frying. The reason is that they are made with very little oil.