Air-fried green beans are a crispy, soft side dish that comes together in about 15 minutes. This simple green bean dish highlights the natural taste of fresh string beans by using just a few healthy ingredients. It’s a low-carb, gluten-free, vegan recipe that even picky eaters will like.
It’ll not be easy to go back to any other technique of preparing fresh green beans after you learn how to air-fry them using my proven approach. Check out this easy air fryer green beans recipe for a tasty and nutritious green bean snack.
I’m certain that the best way to cook green beans is in the air fryer after experimenting with several cooking techniques.
Green beans are tasty, nutritious, and simple to prepare veggie. They’re perfect on their own. The plate can be a side dish to any meal and are high in vitamins and minerals.
Green beans are one of the tasty side dishes to serve with any dinner. They are nutrient-dense and may serve as a healthy substitute for high-carbohydrate or high-fat diets.
A Step-by-Step Guide on Making Crispy Air Fryer Green Beans
Notes on Ingredients
- Haricot Verts vs. Green Beans: People refer to French green beans as Haricot verts. Because they are picked early in the season, they are thinner and longer than normal green beans. If you’re using haricot verts, cut the cooking time in half: for air fryer haricot verts, that is 7-8 minutes instead of 15 minutes.
- Making It Your Own: Make it your own by modifying the recipe. You may have fun with the recipe and add your personal touch since air-fried green beans are so easy to make. For an added kick, season your green beans with chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, or your favorite spices, or top them with Parmesan cheese before air frying for a melty touch.
- Oil for cooking: Although I used olive oil in my version, you may make this dish with any oil. Try green beans (air-fried) in sesame oil for an Asian-inspired taste.
Cooking Instructions for Air Fried Green Beans
- Avoid overcrowding since the green beans aren’t breaded; thus, they will not become crispy. However, if you place them in one layer, they will still be crunchy. There will be no air fryer texture if you overcrowd.
- You may need to divide your recipe into two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- If you want to heat things a little, sprinkle some chili powder on your dish.
- They will not grow much crispier as they cool, so enjoy them while they’re still hot if you want to get that crunch.
Health Benefits of Air Fryer Green Beans
Green beans cooked in an air fryer is one of delicious ways to prepare veggies without oil. They’re high in fiber, which may help decrease cholesterol. If you cook them this way, the green beans will not contribute any additional calories or saturated fat to your dinner. This is a relatively new cooking method gaining popularity among health-conscious individuals.
Green beans cooked in an air fryer are a quick and healthful meal. They’re low in fat and calories. This makes them ideal for dieters. Cooking green beans will not add more calories or saturated fat to the dish. Air frying is a relatively unique approach to cooking that is gaining popularity among health-conscious individuals.
Why Should You Try This Recipe?
These fast and easy air fryer string beans are a great side dish (or healthy snack!) that combines several main meals and caters to a broad range of diets and preferences. Here are a few compelling reasons to give it a try:
- It’s a quick and easy side dish that takes about 15 minutes from start to finish and only requires a few common pantry items.
- Thanks to the air fryer’s ease, the green beans come out deliciously crispy while using less oil.
- One may use spices, herbs, and garnishes to customize the flavor—make it your own!
- It’s appropriate for every occasion, from a festive gathering to a regular evening meal.
Cooking Green Beans in An Air Fryer
An air fryer is a great option if you want fresh green beans but don’t have time to cook them on the stove.
The air fryer employs a convection effect for heating to cook your food fast and evenly. Food is cooked fast, uniformly, and without the need for any oil.
They also include pre-programmed cooking settings, which make life much simpler.
What makes green beans and string beans different?
To begin, green beans and string beans are interchangeable. The word “string” refers to the stringy fibers present in green beans and is a phrase that has become obsolete. However, they are identical. We used to call them to string beans more regularly when I was younger, but I don’t hear it anymore.
- If you put the green beans in a single layer in the air fryer, they will cook more evenly.
- Remember to turn the beans over! Flip or shake the air fryer basket halfway through to obtain a good, even cook on the green beans.
Storage and Reheating After Make-Ahead
- Make-Ahead. These green beans are best served hot from the air fryer, but you can prepare them ahead of time and reheat them through the oven or air fryer before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
- You may reheat green beans in the air fryer or on a sheet pan at 350 degrees for 3-4 mins.
Is it possible to cook wet veggies in an air fryer?
While it is advisable to allow vegetables to dry somewhat before placing them in the air fryer, cleaning vegetables with a little water will not harm the air fryer or the cooking process. The benefit of completely drying your green beans before putting them in the air fryer is that the exterior will get crispier.
How are green beans air dried?
Green beans should be dried in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with paper towels. Alternatively, gently dry the green beans with a clean dish towel.
When using an air fryer, can you use olive oil?
Yes! Just enough to coat the vegetables is all you need. This will give the vegetables delicious crispiness on the exterior.
In the air fryer, how long should green beans cook?
Fresh green beans air-fried @ 370°F for 12-15 minutes. At 370°F, the cooking time for air fryer haricot verts (French green beans) is 6-8 minutes. Cook the green beans in stages if you have too many for a single layer in the air fryer basket.
How hot should green beans be air-fried?
For air frying green beans, a temperature of 375°F (190°C) is recommended.
How can you cook green beans in the air without using any oil?
Remove the oil from the recipe. Green beans will still be tasty, but they will be softer rather than crisp.
In the air fryer, how do you produce crispy green beans?
Increase the frying time by 1-2 minutes for extra-crispy air-fried green beans.
- Air Fryer
- Grilling Tongs
- Turner Set
- 1 Pound Fresh Green Beans
- ¼ tbps Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbps Olive Oil
- Lemon Wedges (For Servings)
- Preheat your favorite air fryer to 370ºF
- Trim the green beans' stems and chop the bigger ones in half to ensure they are all around the same size.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Then add 1 tbsp of garlic powder followed by salt (as per your taste).
- Mix them together.
- Shake the basket of green beans in the air fryer to ensure they're all in one layer. Cooking in two batches is a possibility. Set the temperature to 370ºF and cook for 12-15 minutes total(depending upon your air fryer), shaking the basket halfway through.
- Serve the air-fried delicacy right away with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Add to an airtight jar and keep in the refrigerator. You may store the air-fried green beans in your fridge for three days.