How to air fry Tyson popcorn chicken?
Popcorn Chicken, the Absolute beloved snack meal of everybody.
The crunchy, juicy, tendering popcorn chicken resembles kernels of popped corn, that’s why they are named Popcorn Chicken.
Whenever I want some tender snacks I just make Tyson Any’tizers popcorn chicken. Some days I have them in my lunch as well. They always turn out perfectly cooked every time I make them. And, I have listed everything that I follow so that you can also cook your chicken popcorn perfectly.
Air fryer method for cooking for Tyson popcorn chicken
What you need
- Tyson Any’tizers popcorn chicken
- Cooking spray (optional)
Good quality air fryer. My favorite picks are:
- Gowise USA air fryer and
- Ultrean Air Fryer
Both are equally amazing.
Instructions to Air fry Tyson popcorn chicken
Step # 1
Preheating the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to around 400°F for 1-2 minutes.
Step # 2
Oil spraying fryer’s basket: Take out the fryer’s basket, and spray a little oil using cooking spray. You can also brush cooking oil in the basket in case you don’t have cooking spray oil.
Step # 3
Placing the chicken popcorn in the basket: Place the chicken popcorn in a single basket, having considerable space in between them. It will result in effective cooking.
Step # 4
Air frying: Set the fryer’s temperature at 400°F for 5 minutes, then take our fryer’s basket, flip the chicken cubes, and air fry for 5 more minutes.
Step # 5
Shaking the basket: To ensure all sides of chicken popcorn are cooked well, take out the basket halfway through and shake it. That’s how Tyson’s popcorn chicken will turn out to be crispier.
And that’s it!
Take out the basket after 5 minutes and tender, crispy and crunchy popcorn chicken is ready to be served! Yay!
Pro Tips to Consider while air frying Tyson popcorn chicken
- Don’t skip the oiling step, when you oil the fryer’s basket the chicken popcorn turns out to be crunchier.
- Shake the basket after giving half a time of air frying. You can also use tongs for flipping popcorn chickens. The point here is to make sure you give equal time to air frying all sides of popcorn to ensure they are cooked well from every side.
- Air frying time of 10 minutes (5 minutes each to both sides) is enough for effective cooking, in case they are not cooked well after 10 minutes, you can air fry again for like 1-2 minutes. It depends on your air fryer and also on the popcorn chicken brand you are using, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Sauces to serve with Frozen Popcorn Chicken
Thai chili, peanut butter sauce, curry ketchup, and Caribbean jerk are some tempting sauce options you can go for. Honey mustard sauce also works well.
You can have your chicken popcorn with any sauce of your choice, and popcorn chicken tastes yummy all the time, no matter which sauce you are having with it.
Popular brands for chicken popcorn
Tyson popcorn chicken, Meatzza Chicken Popcorn, ITC Master Chef Chicken Popcorn, Keventer Chicken Popcorn, and Venky’s Chicken Popcorn are some most common chicken popcorn brands.
They all are good and Tyson popcorn chicken is my favorite choice.
Side dishes to serve with Tyson popcorn chicken
You can serve them with coleslaw, French fries, southern fried apples, creamed corn, and potato wedges. Similarly, baked beans, mac, cheese, sweet potato mash, and gravy can also go well.
I personally love having my popcorn chicken with air-fried sweet potato fries, the combination is divine.
Nutritional facts about Tyson popcorn chicken
Nutritional values of Tyson popcorn chicken are:
- Total Fat 7g( 11%)
- Cholesterol 25mg (8%)
- Sodium 600mg (25%)
- Total Carbohydrate 14g (5%)
- Protein 14g
Popcorn Chicken homemade recipe
The best part of making homemade popcorn chicken is that it is made with few ingredients and your yummiest snack gets ready in no time.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Air frying time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts – 2 big pieces(1 lb.)
- All-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – as required
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Grounded Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Onion powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili – 1 tsp
- Parsley flakes (optional)
Instructions to make homemade chicken popcorn
- Take 3 bowls and in one mix flour, black pepper, parsley flakes, and salt, in the second bowl add buttermilk, and in the third bowl add the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the chicken pieces in small cubes as per your desire. Dip the chicken cubes in the flour mixture, and then in the buttermilk. After that, dip the cubes in the bread crumbs.
- After that put the cubes in fridge for 20-30 mins and let them dry a little.
Your homemade popcorn chicken cubes are ready to be air fried. Follow the below instructions to air fry your homemade chicken popcorn:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F, and place the coated chicken cubes evenly in the basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes(flip the chicken cubes halfway through) and your tempting tender healthy popcorn chicken bites are ready to be enjoyed!
Serve hot with any dipping you like.
Important tips to consider while making homemade popcorn chicken
- Make sure all sides of the chicken pieces are coated with each ingredient.
- To double coat, dip the pieces in the buttermilk twice, then in crumbs. You will need more ingredients if you go for double coating.
- Use tongs to flip the chicken cubes in the fryer’s basket.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Pack of Tyson any’tizers popcorn chicken
- 2 Pieces Boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Floor
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tsp Grounded Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 1-2 mins.
- Spray cooking oil in fryers basket.
- Place 8-10 pieces of frozen chicken popcorns.
- Set the time and temp. to 10 mins and 400 F.
- Give the basket shake after 5 mins.
- Your chicken popcorns are ready to be served.
The Sum Up
Tyson Any’tizers popcorn chicken is a temping meal option that you can make in very less time. Next time you want some tempting snacks, just air fry your Tyson chicken popcorn and enjoy them with cheese sauce or any other dipping of your choice.
This is one taste you are going to remember for the rest of your life, literally.
Happy Air Frying!
FAQs about air frying popcorn chicken
What is the best way to cook frozen popcorn chicken?
Air frying is the most amazing way to cook chicken popcorn. It is hassle-free and time saving, moreover very little to no oil is used while air frying so it is healthier too.
What is the recommended cooking time for frozen popcorn chicken in the air fryer?
10 minutes is the ideal time for air frying. In case your chicken popcorn is extremely frozen, you can increase the time to 1-2 more minutes. I always air fry for 10 minutes using my Ultrean Air Fryer and they turn out perfectly cooked every time.
How to store air-fried Tyson Any’tizers popcorn chicken?
Store the air-fried Tyson popcorn chicken in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They can be stored for up to four days. Whenever you want to have them, air-fry for 1-2 minutes and they will be good to go.
How to Reheat Tyson Popcorn Chicken?
You can reheat Tyson popcorn chicken by air frying for 1-2 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Though, it is always better to make only that quantity of chicken popcorn that you can have at one time. But in case there are leftovers, you can go for reheating. It works well.
Is Tyson popcorn chicken pre-cooked?
Yes, Tyson popcorn chicken is pre-cooked. You just need to air fry them and they will be ready to go. Besides the taste, the convenience of making them is another supreme reason why everybody, including me, absolutely loves them.
What methods can you use to cook Tyson Popcorn Chicken?
You can cook your Tyson popcorn chicken in a microwave oven and in an air fryer. I personally make my popcorn chicken in an air fryer as the air frying method is quicker, easier, and more effective too.
Is air fryer popcorn chicken healthy?
Yes, popcorn chicken is absolutely healthy, but only if made in the air fryer. As compared to deep frying, air frying uses much less oil. That’s why air-fried popcorn chicken is healthier than deep-fried ones.
What is the calorie count of Tyson chicken popcorn?
7 pieces of Tyson chicken popcorn have around 170 calories in them. so if you take more than 7 pieces, calorie intake will increase accordingly.
Hi, my name is Basit Ali. I’m a cooking enthusiast who loves trying out new recipes in the kitchen! I also like to upgrading my kitchen accessories from time-to-time with all sorts of interesting gadgets for making food prep easier and more convenient than ever before.