Are you wondering to cook turkey burger in air fryer? Then don’t just wonder, give it a try. Turkey burgers cooked in an air fryer are tasty and delicious. They also require less time, and the process is quite simple as well.
Whether you are using homemade burger patties or store bough patties, both work fine in the air fryer. Turkey burgers are leaner than beef burgers, so they can benefit from the hot circulating air in the air fryer that helps cook them evenly without the need for excess oil. They have a crispy exterior and a moist and juicy interior.
How To Make Homemade Turkey Burger Patties?
You can choose store-bought burger patties as well. But I like making things at home for my convenience. The best advantage is that you can add spices as per your liking and you can include and exclude things as per your personal choice.
You can cook these patties in an air fryer without any difficulty. And the good news is that they don’t require any oil as well. They are delicious, quick, and simple to make. So let’s move toward the ingredients required.
Turkey Mince: Obviously if you are making turkey burger patties so ground turkey has to be the main ingredient. I like to use minced turkey from the market, however, you can grind turkey at your home as well.
Seasoning: That’s more like a personal part. As you can customize it according to your taste. My preferred seasoning includes pink salt, black pepper, onion powder, coriander, cumin, chili powder, and paprika.
First, take a glass bowl, and add turkey mince to it. Now add seasoning ingredients one by one. Mix pink salt, black pepper, onion powder, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, ginger powder, paprika, soy sauce and chili powder with turkey mince. You can mix it with a big spoon or with your hands. I use my hands for mixing as it ensures better results. Just make sure to wash your hands in case you want to use your hands for mixing.
Now make circular patties by using a small amount of minced mixture. You can keep the desired thickness of patties but make sure not to make them too thick.
Place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so they get a little stiff and ready to be cooked.
Step-By-Step Guide For Turkey Burgers
4 turkey patties homemade or store purchased
Spray cooking oil
Salt & pepper- To taste
4 buns- It will make 2 Burgers
1 small tomato- sliced
4 leaves lettuce- 2 for each burger
2 tablespoons mayonnaise – For each burger
Step-1: Preheat your air fryer to 400 F for 4 mins.
Step-2: Spray the basket with cooking oil. You can also grease the basket with olive oil.
Step-3: Place the turkey patties and set the temperature to 390 F for 10 minutes.
Tips & Notes
If you are using frozen patties, then increase the cooking time by a further 2-3 minutes.
You can also add finely ground breadcrumbs for a crunchier taste. It will also help the turkey patties to stick and not break in between.
How Long To Cook Turkey Burger In Air Fryer?
The cooking time for turkey burgers in an air fryer can vary depending on the thickness of the burger patties and the temperature of the air fryer. For fresh turkey patties, it will take form 8-10 min in the air fryer. But for frozen burger patties, it will take from 12-14 mins at 390 F.
Can You Cook Turkey Patties In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can surely cook turkey patties in an air fryer. Cooking turkey patties in an air fryer is a great way to make a delicious and healthy meal that is quick and easy to prepare. Just follow the steps I mentioned above for cooking turkey patties in the air fryer.
What Can You Serve With Turkey Burgers?
Here are a few different side dishes and toppings that go best with turkey burgers:
Options for dipping sauce are also endless. Below are some of my favorite ones:
Honey Mustard Sauce
You can also opt for additional toppings for turkey burgers. Some of my favorites are:
How To Store And Reheat Turkey Patties?
You can store and freeze the turkey patties for later use. If you want to store leftover turkey patties for some days only, simply pack them in an airtight container and place them in your fridge, they will easily last for 3- 4 days. You can reheat them by placing them in an air fryer basket and cooking at 390 F for 4 mins.
If you have uncooked turkey patties you can also freeze them. Place them in a resealable bag and put them in the freezer. You can freeze them for 2 months. And whenever you want to have them again, just thaw them over night in the fridge before cooking. And rest the cooking procedure is same as mentioned above.
Recipe: Turkey Burger In Air Fryer
- 1 lb. Mince of turkey meat
- 1 tsp Pink salt
- 1.5 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 4 Turkey patties
- Salt & pepper- To taste
- 4 Buns It will make 2 Burgers
- 1 Small tomato- sliced
- 4 Leaves lettuce- 2 for each burger
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise – For each burger
- Spray cooking oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 F for 4 mins.
- Spray the basket with cooking oil. You can also grease the basket with olive oil.
- Place the turkey patties and set the temperature to 390 F for 10 minutes.
- Flip the burger patties after 5 minutes for more uniform cooking.
- Once patties are done, take them out and design your buns. Use mayonnaise and ketchup to coat both buns, then place patties on them and then add a slice of tomato, onion and lettuce leaves. And thats it. Enjpy with your favorite dipping sauce.
- First, take a glass bowl, and add turkey mince to it. Now add seasoning ingredients one by one. Mix pink salt, black pepper, onion powder, ginger powder, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, paprika, and chili powder with turkey mince. Then add soy sauce and mix well.
- You can mix it with a big spoon or with your hands. I use my hands for mixing as it ensures better results. Just make sure to wash your hands in case you want to use your hands for mixing.
- Now make circular patties by using a small amount of minced mixture. You can keep the desired thickness of patties but make sure not to make them too thick.
- Place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so they get a little stiff and ready to be cooked.
Frozen Beef Bacon In Air Fryer
Hi, my name is Basit Ali. I’m a cooking enthusiast who loves trying out new recipes in the kitchen! I also like to upgrading my kitchen accessories from time-to-time with all sorts of interesting gadgets for making food prep easier and more convenient than ever before.